Connect with us


AFGHANISTAN ABANDONED: US Sniper Told to ‘Stand Down’ Instead of Save Lives

As if the story of our withdrawal from Afghanistan couldn’t get any worse.

One of the great national embarrassments of the last decade has been President Joe Biden’s hasty and ill-conceived withdrawal of US troop from Afghanistan after 20 years of peacekeeping and security.

The Commander in Chief’s decision was lambasted from the start, and the event itself ended in pure chaos.  It took the Taliban less than two weeks to completely dismantle two decades’ worth of American security, and soon a vast number of military assets the we left behind ended up in the hands of bloodthirsty, anti-Western Jihadists.

The withdrawal itself was a bloodbath as well, with outbursts of violence and terror attacks both.

Now, a torrid new revelation has arrived about one such incident and the way that it was handled by US military command.

A Marine Corps sniper stationed at the Kabul airport the day of a deadly suicide attack wept on Wednesday as he described in horrific detail the chaos and bloodshed surrounding the U.S. military’s hectic withdrawal in the final hours of the war in Afghanistan.

Sgt. Tyler Vargas-Andrews, who was seriously wounded in the attack, described the scene at the airport as “surreal,” with hundreds of Afghans rushing toward the airport gate in a frantic attempt to flee the brutal Taliban regime.

Many suffered from severe malnutrition. Infants were dying. Some Afghans who were turned away from the airport tried to kill themselves with the razor wire used to keep the crowds at bay.

“They thought this was merciful compared to the Taliban torture that they faced,” Vargas-Andrews said.

The chaos was simply awful.

The devastating suicide attacks – which killed an estimated 170 Afghans and 13 U.S. troops – propelled President Joe Biden to the most perilous moment of his presidency and caused his approval ratings to plummet as Americans questioned his handling of the withdrawal from Afghanistan.

As it turns out, there may have been a missed opportunity to mitigate the damage.

Vargas-Andrews, who was part of a sniper team stationed at the airport, told the committee that, before the attack, members of his squadron spotted a man who fit the description of a suspected suicide bomber.

But when they asked their commander whether they had permission to shoot the suspect, Vargas-Andrews said, he replied, “I don’t know.” The suspect eventually disappeared into the crowd.

“To this day, we believe he was a suicide bomber,” said Vargas-Andrews, who appeared before the panel in his personal capacity and not as a representative of the Defense Department or the Marine Corps.

“Our expertise was disregarded,” he added. “No one was held accountable for our safety.”

This new account of the fracas in Kabul adds yet another layer of criticism to the Biden administration’s withdrawal plan, and while the nation is in the ominous position of awaiting a nearly-inevitable third World War.

Become an insider!

Sign up for our free email newsletter, and we'll make sure to keep you in the loop.

Join the conversation!

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it, please mark it as spam. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.

INNER TURMOIL: Biden Advisers Reportedly Unsure of President’s Ability to Campaign


COMMON SENSE: Bipartisan Bill Looks to Keep A.I. from Running Nuke Security


Oregon Grants Homeless the Right to Sue for ‘Harassment’


DeSantis Caught Trying to Poach Trump Donors During Overseas Trip