Schaftlein Report | Noted Economist Jerry Bowyer and Mark Schaftlein discuss The United States Economy and Stimulus
Guest: Jerry Bowyer – Economist, Journalist, Author of multiple books including The Maker Versus the Takers, Founder of the Allegheny Institute
1) $1.9T Covid Bill risks Economist (Oliver Blanchard andformer Treasury Secretary Larry Summers express concern over the size)
– $15 Minimum wage bill could cost 1.4M jobs and increase deficit by $54B
– Democrats aim to demonize Republicans who vote against the bill – currently all 50.
– Dow, S & P and Nasdaq close at record highs – Is the prospect of $1.9T fueling a front running valuation bubble?
2) Trump Impeachment Trial starting tomorrow. Odds of conviction are very low.
– Democrats trying to label all Republicans as supporting Incitement, censorship and cancel culture
3) Former Secretary of State George Shultz under Ronald Reagan passed at age 100
Become an insider!
Sign up for our free email newsletter, and we'll make sure to keep you in the loop.