It was nearly a year ago that the planet feared we’d be entered into World War III, as Iran and the United States exchanged blows in the Middle East.
First, the US used a drone to assassinate one of Tehran’s most notorious terror generals. In retaliation, Iran launched over a dozen ballistic missiles in the general direction of sleeping US soldiers in Baghdad, accidentally downing a Ukrainian airline flight in the process. The two nations then bristled for a bit before coronavirus bloomed out of control and stole our attention.
Now, some 11 months later, Iran is again drawing the ire of the United States.
President Trump issued a stern warning to Iran Wednesday after a rocket attack earlier this week on the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad and said if one American is killed, he will hold Tehran responsible.
Trump’s threat came in the form of a tweet that included a photo of what he identified as three Iranian rockets that failed to launch. He said there is chatter that Tehran could be planning future attacks on Americans in Iraq.
“Some friendly health advice to Iran: If one American is killed, I will hold Iran responsible. Think it over.”
The photo evidence was damning.
Our embassy in Baghdad got hit Sunday by several rockets. Three rockets failed to launch. Guess where they were from: IRAN. Now we hear chatter of additional attacks against Americans in Iraq… pic.twitter.com/0OCL6IFp5M
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 23, 2020
One can only hope that Trump’s warning is enough to deter Tehran.
Become an insider!
Sign up for our free email newsletter, and we'll make sure to keep you in the loop.