[The following was written by Joe Newby and originally appeared at ConservativeFiringLine.com. It has been reprinted with permission.]
Incidents like this illustrate why we and others now say that liberalism is a mental disorder. On Wednesday, the Smoking Gun reported that a 46-year-old Florida woman who has been subjected to the Baker Act in the past stabbed herself with a kitchen knife because Donald Trump is president.
“I’m tired of living in Trump’s country, I’m tired of Trump being president,” she told police.
According to the Smoking Gun:
take our poll - story continues below
When asked what was wrong, the woman lifted her shirt to reveal “three stab wounds on [her] stomach that were still bleeding.” She then told the patrolman she had “stabbed herself because she does not want to live in Trump’s country.”
The woman was subsequently transported by EMS workers to a local hospital “under trauma alert.”
After evaluating the woman, a cop concluded that there was a “substantial likelihood” that she “will cause bodily harm to herself and/or others.” As a result, the officer appears to have recommended that the woman be involuntarily admitted to a mental health treatment facility (per the state’s Baker Act).
- Video: Man sets himself on fire near White House — Was it meant to protest Trump?
- Lunatic sets himself on fire to protest Trump at Trump International Hotel
- Ohio man screams about need to protest Trump, sets himself on fire
- Women’s March protester calls for Trump to be beheaded, set on fire
- Actor Michael Shannon: Time for Trump voters to die
Become an insider!
Sign up for our free email newsletter, and we'll make sure to keep you in the loop.